Monday, January 17, 2011

Facebook Etiquette, According To Dee

I know I'm going to end up ruffling some feathers with this one, but there are just some things people need to learn if they plan on keeping their heads above water in the Facebook community.

And so, I give you the official Facebook Etiquette, Dee-style.

Rule #1 - You don't have to "like" every one of my statuses, comment on every one of my statuses, or "like" every comment on my statuses.  I know I've griped about lack of interaction on Facebook, but too much of one thing is not good either.  Everything in moderation.  While I want to interact with you, that doesn't mean I want to see you all up in my business every second of the day.  That's just weird.

Rule #2 - Rule #1 goes for my pictures as well, and probably even more so.

Rule #3 - Don't be creeping on my friends list to see who YOU can become friends with. If you don't know them, don't request them!  Oh, and tell YOUR friends the same thing when it comes to requesting me.

Rule #4 - Don't use the "poke" feature.  Seriously, it's pointless (no pun intended).  There are plenty of other ways to tell someone you want to "get in their pants" without letting all of Facebook know. 

Rule #5 - Wish your friends a "Happy Birthday" on their special day.  It's the LEAST you can do.  If you can't even do that, then why be friends?  

Rule #6 - Don't start cursing and mouthing off on a thread where your friend's mother or father (or maybe even grandmother) is involved, unless you know them well enough to know it's acceptable.  I'm not saying you shouldn't be yourself, but have a little respect when you need to.

Rule #7 - For couples only:  Don't use a friend's wall to have it out with each other. Facebook is NOT the place, no less someone else's page!  It causes awkwardness for the friend and kinda puts a damper on the feed.

Now that you know all of this, I ask, how is YOUR social networking etiquette???

No comments:

Post a Comment