Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Whore-or

If you get the title, then you already have an idea what this post might be about...

It's funny to see the generational differences in Halloween and how it has changed over the years.  In a nutshell, HALLOWEEN IS AN EXCUSE FOR GIRLS TO DRESS LIKE SLUTS.

Plain and simple.  Attention-seeking girls in desperate need of an ego boost.  Now, one can look at my pics from today and say the same thing.  (I won't post them here, because then it'd be true.)  However, the dress to my black cat costume wasn't half as short as some of the stuff I saw today.  

Girls in respectable positions of power, showing off their boobs, their butts and their midriffs.  Unprofessional? Yes.  Unacceptable?  That depends on whom you ask.

Logically, what these girls are doing is ridiculous. However, what guy in his right mind (assuming he's straight) would oppose this?  I don't care how tacky or tasteless it may be or what responsibilities these guys have in stopping goings-on like this in the workplace.  A man is a man.  

Sure, there are your old-fashioned, goody-goodies who may not make as big a deal out of it as other blatantly disrespectful and chauvanistic pigs would.  And of course, there are only so many times you can look at the same thing -- no matter how revealing it is -- before getting bored with it.  And the only reason why other women wouldn't approve of this is A) they're jealous of all the attention, or B) their man is the one who gets a little too immature in these situations and/or makes them feel less than adequate, compared to these girls.  

It's time to face it.  Halloween has turned into the mother of all meat markets -- Today's Special: Hooch a la Spook.

2 comments:

  1. Like your article. I have noticed this about Halloween myself, but have always been a live and let live kind of gal. I am a new blogger and like the setup of your blog, (something I am having difficulty with). Would appreciate any tips and advice on my blog at www.mynewdiet.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, then again...how is this phenomenon any different than what we see in the office or on the street on any normal day? Cleavage, belly-skin, micro-short hemlines and tower-high heels seems to be the new normal. (and, yes...perhaps there's just a tad of jealousy here). And what's with, what I call, "The Pose"?? I look at any given photograph of my nieces, the girls next door...and they all pose the same way - hand on waist, elbow pressed back, chest thrust out, bum pushed back. What happened to just smiling for the camera?? OK, I'm done with my soap-box this morning. Time to get ready to face this wonderful world of ours! :-)

    ReplyDelete